Thursday January 10, 2013
My 2013 reading list…..is sadly the same as my 2012 reading list. I LOVE to read. And when I read I’m an avid reader. Reading hundreds of pages a day, sometimes finishing an entire book in a single day. But I have to be in the mood and able to focus clear headedly (is that a word?) in order to read. I get distracted easily and when I have a lot on my mind (like right now) I have a tendency to stare at pages or “read” them and then get a few pages along and realize I have no recollection what the last 4 pages were about. My mind wanders.
So, here I am, in January and if I were to hazard a guess, the majority of the books below were purchased and downloaded to my iPad AT LEAST 9-months ago. Some are newer, but most I’m embarrassed to say have been sitting there just waiting.
I will add that I just got myself a new iPad Mini for the holidays and the compact size makes it easy to read while rocking Brady or doing something else, where as I found the larger iPad somewhat cumbersome and I still needed two hands just like a regular book. So, we’ll see, maybe this list will get finished before mid-2013 so I can proudly say I need some new suggestions.
- Fly Away Home & Then Came You both by Jennifer Weiner
- Two Kisses for Maddy by Matt Longelin *I can’t bring myself to finish, and I relish every word and have found it beautifully written and I just don’t want to finish, so it’s truly intentionally delayed because of my having followed Matt’s blog and feeling some odd attachment and not wanting to finish it. I probably should start here. 🙂
- Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
- The Guardian and Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathon Tropper
- The Inheritance by Claire Bidwell Smith
- Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster (just recommended to me earlier this week and already downloaded for WHEN I get there!)
So there you have it, all the books already purchased, downloaded and ready to be read sitting on my iPad mini! I resolve to start reading TOMORROW! ~ traci xoxo