we are one day away from tuesday, september 11th, the first premiere’s of the season starting with “Sons of Anarchy”, Season 5 on FX and “Parenthood” on NBC. to say i’m excited, is putting it mildly!!
this isn’t a post about ALL shows airing this fall, only the ones I watch and am looking forward to!
i am a tv junkie. no doubt about it. i often say it’s because my TV viewing was so limited as a child it’s one of the few things i can now do as an adult and do as much as i want without repercussion! i throw myself into the TV shows as my way of escaping real life.
as i’m writing this post i’m watching Season 4 of SOA on iTunes so i’m ready for tuesday night. i picked up this show when home sick earlier this year, and was able watch 3 seasons over just a few days on Netflix. to say i love it, is putting it mildly. this show is intense. in fact, i’m not sure how i’ll watch it weekly, maybe it’ll have to be one that i accumulate a few before actually watching it. it’s gonna be intense, and from what i’ve read from kurt sutter (creator) this will probably be season 5 out of 7. he doesn’t see it going further than that. this season is going to bring giant change for jax and samcro and i’m looking forward to seeing this new regime. and jimmy smits has joined the cast, i miss detective bobby simone (nypd blue reference).
also returning this tuesday, september 11, at 10pm pst, Parenthood on NBC. one of the best shows ON TV. well written, well casted, i watch and i feel like i’m part of the Braverman clan. i’ve missed them since april and look forward to catching up with them and also seeing where this show will go this season.
so, i have this weird thing i do, i don’t watch any new shows in the fall. they put so much crap out there now, i have a system. i record the shows that i’m interested in and would watch, but until they’ve aired 6 episodes and have been picked up for an entire season (13 episodes or so) i don’t bother to watch. too much of a waste of time to get invested in a show that isn’t going to last or even go past 6 episodes. i’m sure this would thrill tv executives but i watch enough television on a weekly basis as it is, i definitely don’t need to add more stuff in just to have it cancelled.
the only exception this season will be Nashville, on ABC airing Wednesdays at 10pm. it’s a very similar story to that of the movie Country Strong, which i loved and stars the famous and extremely talented former General Hospital star Jonathon Jackson, the original Lucky Spencer, yeah, THAT Lucky Spencer! so i will watch it, but unfortunately i don’t think this will be a show that gets picked up for the season, but i hope i’m wrong!!
oh, and i’d be remiss if i didn’t take the time to say how excited i am OF COURSE to see Sheldon and the gang in some new Big Bang Theory episodes beginning on Thursday, September 27th at 8pm, for its 6th season premiere! l love this show, and it never disappoints. it’s gotten better and better each season. BAZINGA!!
the rest of what i watch is below, i have created a list of the shows that i watch, when they premiere and i cannot tell you how excited i am for THIS tuesday night when the first and MY most favorite shows premiere!! ~ traci xoxo
Tuesday, Sept 11
- 10:00 – 11:00 PM Parenthood (NBC) – Season 4 Premiere
- 10:00 – 11:00 PM Sons of Anarchy (FX) – Season 5 Premiere
Monday, Sept. 24
- 9:00-9:30 PM 2 Broke Girls (CBS) – 2nd Season Premiere
- 9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & Molly (CBS) – 3rd Season Premiere
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- 8:00-9:00 PM NCIS (CBS) – 10th season premiere
- 9:00-10:00 PM NCI:Los Angeles – (CBS) – 4th season premiere
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- 9:00-10:00 PM Criminal Minds (CBS) – 8th season premiere
Thursday, Sept. 27
- 8:00-8:30 PM The Big Bang Theory – (CBS) – 6th season premiere
Friday, Sept. 28
- 10:00-11:00 PM Blue Bloods (CBS) – 3rd Season Premiere
Sunday, Sept. 30
- 9:00-10:00 PM The Good Wife (CBS) – 4th season premiere
- 9:00 – 10:00 PM Revenge (ABC) – 2nd season premiere – I sure hope the switch on the schedule of this show doesn’t kill it!! Sunday night used to be a tough time spot, but it’s taking over for Desperate Housewives time slot so perhaps that’s an old wives tale from pre-digital & DVR era.
Wednesday, Oct 10
- 10:00 – 11:00 PM Nashville (ABC) – SERIES PREMIERE!!!
Also, looking forward to the mid-season break from Network TV:
- Rizzoli & Isles – returns in November for the 2nd half of Season 3.
- Dallas – returns in January with Season 2
- Suits – returns in January for a 3rd season!